for 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- sliced 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, flesh into 2 cm cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato or 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (2.5 cm), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
1 . Melt 1 tbsp ghee over medium heat in a deep frying pan.
2. Roast pumpkin, sweet potato and onion in 7 to 8 minutes at. You stir initially slightly and then more and more, until the vegetables are golden brown all around.
4. Heat a soup pot the remaining ghee. In it saute the ginger and the spices until fragrant.
5. Enter the broth and seared vegetables in the pot and bring everything to a simmer weak. After 10 minutes in the semi-closed pot the vegetables should be cooked.
6. Puree the ingredients smooth and pour enough coconut milk that the soup namely runs from the spoon, but is thick and hearty.
7. Taste from the soup with salt and pepper, heat it again and serve it garnished with parsley.